We've been busy, busy, busy! Which isn't really an excuse but more an observation. Last weekend, we went to an all-night flea market in Wheaton, IL. I did take some pictures and will have to post them at some point. It was sooo much fun! We stayed at my besties Brandi's house. If you would have told me 12 year ago when she moved there, that you could have a low key weekend in Chicago, I wouldn't have believed you!
We have several projects we've been working on! Including but not limited to, redoing the laundry room TWICE! Sometimes ideas are better in your head and should stay there! But don't worry we have before, before, and after, after pictures to share. We just need to add a couple more pieces and clean up the walls and it's a blog!
Sis has spent hours upon hours cleaning the craft room trying to make it a "croftice" (craft room/office). Sis has been AMAZING at organizing and parting with some of her teasures. You would be AMAZED at the amount of stuff we had in there. It was a hoarders DREAM! Which will you will get to see when we are done!
Mama re-did an amazing 1950s table for us to use as a new kitchen table. It looks so amazing and has helped to complete the room. (She acts like she doesn't like this stuff but she does!)
We have also been working with an amazing graphic designer and are days way from a logo! I KNOW HOW EXCITING! A logo makes us feel all grown up!
SOOOO, let's show ONE of the things we've been working on! Anyone else have project ADD? There are just too many shining objects in our house and we can't focus!
ANYWAY, "outdoor living area" so far has been our biggest, most completed, finished project. Our deck was just a wooden slab that we wanted to make into an extension of our home. A place that we want to hangout and have friends over. Our loving and amazing mother, had it powered washed and stained it for us! Thanks, Mama! (See she likes this stuff)
Our first step was to downsize on the furniture. We sold the one of green chairs (the other is still for sale), got rid of the pallets and the pink bucket aka "center piece" was retired. I bought those cute pillows at Meijer for $2.25 each. I normally don't buy new, but I do buy clearance! The flower pots were ones I've had forever. I had bought them at a garage sale for 10 cents each. I went to Ace and got yellow spray paint ($3.99) so they would match, I also bought it in the turquoise color to paint the plants stands that Mama gave me ($3.99). The yellow glider was Heather's Easter present from the bunny. It was also the color that we worked around, hence all of the yellow!
Mama found THE perfect cushion for my lounge chair. It's bright, colorful and comfortable! That's is what I call perfect! Just adding the cushion makes the $2 chair look like $200. O.k. so maybe not $200 but you get the idea!
1. Lattice wall was $250. It was done by Mama's "guy"! I was going to do it myself but he did it in two days. It looks AMAZING and I'm pretty sure I would still be working on it! If you live in the Carmel area and need a "guy", let me know and I can hook you up with Jessie. (That is if Mama says its OK.)
2. The wrought iron patio tables and chairs were free from a house we cleaned. Once again, when I find that camera I'll take a better picture! The old "gardening" now "Daisy" table was free at the same house.
3. I'm going to count all the planters/plant stands as free. I've had those containers for years and have gotten my dime out them already! :)
4. Mama paid for the power washing/staining/glider and lough chair cushion. (THANKS MAMA!!!!!) Which equals free to our accountant. (I'm the accountant)
5. $4.50 for two pillows that retailed for $14.99 each
6. From Goodwill/garage sales: The daisy table cloth (.50), the flower and butterfly wall decor ($2) the lounge chair ($2) , the new gardening cabinet (free), a smaller table that is being used as a side table for the lounge chair (not in these pictures, I suck at this) ($2)
7. Two cans of spray paint from Ace ($8)
DRUM ROLLLLLLL PLEASE!
Total of $269 for a total outdoor makeover! And only four items were not reused or recycled!
I think we should pat ourselves on the backs!
So here what we are up to next!
We have to finish this laundry room before it drives us INSANE. Who would've thought such a small space could be such a BIG pain!
The "crotfice". I can't find a desk I want at any garage sale or goodwill! I might have to bite the bullet and buy new (on clearance/sale of course). I feel like we are stuck in the room until we find the desk. Now the room has started to spill out into the loft and then into our rooms. It's just a hot mess to be honest. It just needs to be done. FAST! Maybe I'll stop looking for the "perfect desk" and look for the "right now" desk ha.
I still have paint samples up in my bathroom. I also have a very very very easy "picture frame" bathroom mirror tutorial that I want to show you!
We have a packed September with A TON of amazing shows.
Sept 1st is Indie Arts and Vintage Marketplace
Sept 8 we will be at my cousin's wedding. (It's invite only) ha
Sept 22 will be at Horton's of Tipton's fall market
Sept 27-29 you can find us at Restyled Furniture's Fall Barn Sale
Restyle is doing something really cool. They are offering a "pre-picking" event. For $5 on Thursday night (9/27) you can come and have first bids on what everyone has. You can click on their website above and get pre-paid tickets.
On Friday and Saturday, the event is free so if you don't want to pay and pre-pick, visit us and just "pick"!